Failed Back and Failed Fusion Syndrome
Dr. Ozgur understands that after any spine surgery, some patients may still experience pain. This is called failed back or failed fusion syndrome. It is characterized by difficult pain and an inability to return to normal activities. Surgery may be able to fix failed back syndrome but not eliminate the pain.
The most common causes of failed back and failed fusion syndrome and risk factors:
• Pressure caused by spinal stenosis
• Scar tissue formation
• Nerve damage within the nerve (arachnoiditis)
• Persistent or recurring disc disease at adjacent levels
• Instability or atypical movement
• Pseudoarthrosis or failure of the fusion
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
• Computed tomography (CT scans)
Burak Ozgur, MD treats failed back and failed fusion syndrome with minimally invasive, outpatient surgical procedures that are designed to help you find relief from pain. Learn more about our minimally invasive procedures or request an appointment for consultation by calling (949) 383-4190 or toll free 888-64-SPINE or Contact Us ➲.